Protecting My Favorite Shoes

The truth is I'm not your typical chick who loves shoes. All my friends think I'm crazy because I don't go gaga for every pair of cute shoes I see. I guess most of that comes from a lifetime of being frugal. When I bought the shoes for my own wedding I spent 3 days staring at the pair I wanted because they were $57, and I had a feeling I wouldn't wear them very often. I eventually broke down and purchased the shoes, but it was really hard to do!

Now I do spend a good amount of cash on shoes from time to time, but I'm still don't own many pair. I would rather buy 1 expensive pair of tennis shoes, 1 expensive pair of boots, etc, and I expect them to last me a long time.

If you take care of a good pair of shoes they will last! My favorite (and only) pair of cowboy boots is going on 14 years old, and that's because I've taken really good care of them. Not everyone knows how to properly care for their shoes, though. Check out Hanger Project's shoe care guide if you want to keep your shoes in great shape but aren't sure how to do so. I bet you'll learn some really useful tips that will keep those favorite shoes around a lot longer!

No comments: