Ready To Go Out

I'm so excited because I finally get to do something this weekend I haven't done in a long time. We're getting some kid free time, and we're going to a local bar and grill to hear our friend's band play.  Hubby's dad used to play drums for the same band, and we haven't seen them since his dad had to leave the band a couple years ago. I can't wait to get to actually go out and do something. That's how long it's been since I've had a night out away from the kids.

Hubby will actually end up working part of the night because he's been asked to play roadie. He's done so a few times for this band in the past.  He meets up with them and loads up some of their equipment in the truck like their portable amps and stuff, transports the equipment, helps them setup, then we get in with no cover charge to hear them play. He'll help them back up and haul everything home at the end of the night, and we'll head off a couple miles down the road to pick up the girls from Grandma's house. It's a win-win for everyone.

Like I said I'm just happy to get to go out and do something.  It's long overdue, and this mama needs a little break. I love my kids, but every no and then I need a little "me time" to unwind.

No comments: