Which State Should We Live In?

I never thought I would be torn over which state in which to buy a house.  We've been looking at homes for a few weeks now, and we can't settle on anything.  That's mostly because we can decide which state we want to live in. Do we stay in South Carolina or move to North Carolina?  Hubby works in both states because we are so close to the border.  Still we're an hour away from the office which is in SC.  We can choose to live in either state and still move closer to his job, so there is a lot to take into consideration.

I personally would love to live in NC, but I'm leaning more towards staying in SC now.  We wouldn't have to pay income taxes to both states. Plus SC just ditched Common Core, and that's a major plus for me. It will be thrown out beginning in the 2015 school year, just in time for DD1 to start Kindergarten. The cost of living in both areas are about the same, so that's not an issue, but I'm being told it could be a lot cheaper for us to have health insurance in NC. I wish I could get nc health coverage quotes before committing to a location, but that's practically impossible.

I guess for now we'll have to keep weighing the pros and cons of both areas. I just hope we can make a decision soon because I really really want to get out of the place we're stuck in now!

No comments: