March Still Bringing Sickness

March hasn't turned out to be such a great month so far.  Sure, we've had some good things happen.  Actually one great thing happened, and that is Hubby has a new job.  He's back to doing what he loves, and it's a lot more money than the crappy job he was previously working until things started to improve in the job market in our area.  That's just about the only good thing I have to report right now, though.

Unfortunately a lot of bad is happening right now that I really wish I could change, but I can't.  I was hoping the nicer weather would mean we could say goodbye to all this sickness that has plagued our family this Winter, but that isn't how things are going.  My girls and I are feeling better, but the sickness is still running rampant for others.  My sister-in-law is being hit really hard right now.  She picked up a cold that has turned into pneumonia.  She's a type 1 diabetic, so that's not good at all.  She was admitted to the hospital a couple days ago, and the doctors are working to find out exactly what type of pneumonia she has.  The doctors actually used the term "bad" when describing what she has because it's not your typical pneumonia.  That is very worrisome because the last time she ended up in the hospital with pneumonia she almost died and was in a coma for months. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.  On top of that two very dear family friends have had strokes this week, and both are in icu.  It's going to be a long road to recovery for both, so of course prayers would be appreciated for them as well.

All we can do is wait and pray that the doctors will get her fixed up and home very soon.  I would love to put life on hold and spend my days at the hospital with her, but it's not easy to do with 2 young kids at home. For now we're going to press on with our daily lives as much as we can.  I have an appointment to go house hunting with a friend who is an agent tomorrow.  If things work out the way we would like we'll be out of this dump by the Summer, and it would be nice to be closer to Hubby's family where I can be of assistance when my sis-in-law is sick.  I've picked out a few houses in their area that I like, but I'm also looking at houses closer to Hubby's new job location, too.  Honestly I like the area where he is working now a lot better, and I've talked about moving out that way before.  We'll just have to see what happens.  I'm also going to try to remember to let my friend know about the goconnect app for agents that I saw today because I really think it could be a great tool for her. Whether or not I remember to do that is to be determined. I've got so much going on in my head right now I'm surprised I remembered to feed myself dinner tonight!

No comments: