Yard Sale Time!

All the Autumn-like weather we've been experiencing this past week has me giving my whole house an overhaul.  While most people get Spring cleaning fever, I find myself with Fall fever each year. I tend to want to clean out the clutter and do a major deep cleaning right before I have to close everything up so to speak for the year. I guess that comes from knowing we will spend the majority of our time indoors in the Winter, and I don't want to live in a musty old house (and this one gets very musty) while doing so.  I can't help it if these cooler temps induced my Fall fever a way early this year!

I've spent the last few days preparing for a yard sale this weekend.  As much as I want to get rid of everything I tend to procrastinate when it comes to Summer yard sales because it's just so muggy and hot so early in the morning in the South.  The cooler temps have me prepared to do the yard sale thing this weekend and get it over with.

I've pulled out so many baby and toddler clothes I think I could supply a small baby army.  I've got a huge stack of books, some housewares, and a few video games. Hubby went through his tools and picked out a few things to sale, too.  He doesn't need 3 jig saws! He's even willing to part with one of his old motorcycle helmets and his old pair of leathers we both know he'll never fit into again.  I convinced one of our friends to turn it into a multi-family yard sale, so they're bringing more clothes, some furniture, and some musical equipment.  He used to be a DJ, so he has turntables, some records, a digital recorder, and from his band days a trumpet and a guitar.

Now if I can only find the time to sort through the mass amount of toys we have in this house and successfully get them out of here without my bigger munchkin screaming that we must hoard everything!  At least half of the 26 baby dolls she has accumulated will be out the door if I have my way!

No comments: