Dreaming Of Fall Weather

Where did this beautiful cool night breeze come from?  After all the heat we've dealt with lately it's such treat.  I'm sitting here with my office window open and the a/c off wishing Fall was here already.  I have to remind myself this is just a tease, and I'll have to wait a few more weeks for that.

I can't wait for Fall to arrive, though.  It's a busy time of the year for us, but it's when I'm the happiest.  Our anniversary lands on the last day of Summer, and we did that on purpose.  We wanted to start each new year of marriage with a fresh season.  We'll be celebrating anniversary #9 this year followed 4 weeks later by Ellie's 3rd birthday.  It doesn't seem like my baby should be 3 years old yet!  We'll yet again celebrate at Duke Power rec beach where we can grill out and sit around the outdoor fireplaces in the cool, but not too cool, October air. It's my favorite time of year.

A couple weeks later I'll probably freak a bit when I turn the big 3-1.  I have a feeling 31 is going to be harder for me than hitting 30 was.  30 was like the cusp, and 31 means I definitely can't deny I'm into my 30s  now.  I can't hide that from myself, but I'll soon get over it as Thanksgiving approaches, and Christmas.  Yep, I absolutely love that time of the year, and I can't wait for it to arrive.

No comments: