Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel Review

I’ve noticed lately that one of two things has happened…maybe it’s a combination of both.  Either my hair is changing, and my styling products that I’m in love with just aren’t working the same anymore, or my favorite curling gel isn’t what it used to be.  Whatever is happening I’ve been having a hard time getting my naturally wavy locks to scrunch with my usual scrunching spray. 

So a couple months ago I grabbed a coupon for a free Herbal Essences product on their Facebook page.  When the coupon arrived I stuck it in my coupon binder thinking I would use it when it was time to stock up on shampoo or conditioner, but because I’ve been getting some great shampoo and conditioner coupons lately I finally decided to use it for something else. 

I headed to the store and picked up some Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel.  It’s an extra hold gel (level 2 out of 3 on the Herbal Essences scale).  I figured hey it’s free, so it’s worth a shot.  I knew if I didn’t like it I could just chock it up to trying a new product without wasting any money.

The verdict?

I am absolutely in love with this product!  All week I’ve been playing around with it, scrunching my hair one day, flat ironing, adding the Totally Twisted gel, and using it to help hold some random curls the next.  The best part is this product is half the cost of my old scrunching spray that isn’t do it’s job anymore, so I’m going to be saving money, too!  The tropical mystique scent smells so yummy, too, and Ben loves it.  I think I’ll have to give the rest of the Totally Twisted line a try now starting with the Shampoo and Conditioner.

No comments: