Coming Or Going

I've had so much going on lately half the time I don't know whether I'm coming or going.  With the middle of Summer upon us a lot of family members have been going on various vacations, and we have become to go to house watchers/ pet sitters for everyone.  Last week we were taking care of my Dad's farm, his house, and his gardens (which are all spread out over 3 different locations) while watering flowers for a little old lady we know and taking care of pets for another family.  It takes a minimum of 3 hours just to take care of my Dad's stuff, so we spent every evening running back and forth from place to place doing all that while Ben was also in the middle of fixing our one and only vehicle.  Thankfully my Dad left us his truck for the week, so we used it to do our running around and Ben came home from feeding and gardening to work well into the night hours quite a few days to get the Blazer fixed. 

Yeah I'd say we're definitely ready for a break.  We were going to go down to our friend's condo at the beach this weekend, but I don't think we'll be making it.  Next weekend it's booked by another friend, and the weekend after that we have to be here for a wedding.  Maybe we can make it down at the end of the month or the beginning of September!

No comments: