Why We Really Need Another Vehicle

I’m totally exhausted, and I’ve got a sick little one on my hands.  She was up a good portion of the night last night because she couldn’t breathe due to all the junk pouring out of her nose.  I finally got her to fall asleep on my chest with me sleeping in the recliner so she was elevated.  Today I thought she was getting better because she acts perfectly fine, but right before bedtime her fever popped up again, and she was having a hard time going to sleep.  She’s woken up coughing and/or unable to breathe through her nose 3 times in 2 hours.

It looks like I’ll be taking her into the doctor tomorrow.  The last time I took her in when she was sick like this the doctor couldn’t believe such a sick baby was in such a great mood.  She had a sinus infection, but her mood sure didn’t show it.  The little booger was so full of energy she tried to climb the point of care cart in the exam room!

I know I’m bad about rushing her to the doctor only to be told it’s only a cold and she didn’t really need to be seen, but I’d rather find that out than it be something way worse and not have her seen.  I just have to figure out how I’m going to get her worked into the doctor’s office when Hubby’s going to be away with the car most of the day.  He’s got a job interview (yay!), so I’ll have to start calling around in the morning to see if I can find someone who’s free to give us a ride. 

Boy do I wish we could afford another car right now, but we can’t.  Actually we have another car, we have our old Rodeo, but it’s been sitting in the driveway for months waiting on us to have the cash to fix it.  It needs about $500 worth of parts (not including labor since Hubby is our mechanic), and then it needs new tires all around.  Hopefully when our tax money arrives (if we’re lucky enough to get anything back) we’ll be able to get that sucker fixed so we won’t be stuck having to pass the Blazer back and forth anymore.

No comments: