Such A Mess

Life has been so overwhelming lately, and I feel like I need a time out.  I just need a few moments to step back, take a look at everything, and reorganize myself.  I’ve been neglecting so much lately, especially my blogs, because I just don’t have time for them like I used to.  My business has also been suffering because of this, and that means less money.  Less money means more stress, especially when I’m trying to keep the bills paid and Hubby is oblivious to what’s going on.  It’s not that he doesn’t care about them.  He just doesn’t pay attention.  When I’m trying to explain how much I need to make to keep the power turned on he’s blocking me out and looking at the Samsung HDTV he wants to buy.

Then again that's why I handle the finances. We grew up in two totally different families with two different mindsets when it comes to managing money.  My dad worked hard to teach us the value of the dollar, how to invest wisely, and how to stay out of debt.  Hubby on the other hand didn’t quite grasp the concept of spending money wisely, and if I let him take care of the finances we’d be head over heels in debt.  That’s what happened the one time I turned everything over to him, and I’ve finally got us out of that hole.

The problem is it’s all becoming so overwhelming right now.  I’m trying to keep a bit of a grasp on the financial side of our family while at the same time trying to work as many hours as I can at home while taking care of my little one.  The house has completely gone to hell in a hand basket because it’s hard to stay on top of it when I’m trying to phone clients with the little one tugging and whining at my pants leg. 

The bottom line is it’s time to fix it all before I lose my sanity and my income.  With Hubby still laid off I have no choice but to fix it before everything blows up in my face.  So here I am taking a time out and promising to return when I have everything under control.  It may take a few days or a few weeks, but I’m going to pull myself out of this mess and return with things back in order.

No comments: