Fix It All

I’m so sick and tired of the plumbing in this house being all jacked up.  As soon as tax time rolls around we’re fixing it.  I’m tired of the toilet stopping up on an almost weekly basis because the line running to the septic tank is collapsing.  I’m tired of the faucet on the tub leaking again even though we just replaced it last month.  I’m basically just tired of my house falling apart.  I know have a cracked sink in the bathroom to deal with, too.  This morning I was lighting one of my candles, and it slipped out of my hand.  It was a medium size Yankee Candle, and I expected the jar to shatter.  Nope, the jar stayed intact, but the very old sink cracked at the top around the overflow hole.  Luckily the sink is still useable as long as you don’t fill it full, but I’m so tired of everything breaking down on me.

So now I’m making a list of stuff that’s getting fixed as soon as we get our taxes back.  We’re going to dig up and fix the toilet line, replace all the faucets that want to leak yet again (but with better quality this time), and now I have to buy a new sink, too.  This one is made into the counter, so we’ll have to replace the whole think.  I’ve been looking at a few Franke sinks, too, because I want to replace the kitchen sink while we're at it. I've spotted quite a few I like, and our kitchen sink really needs to go. The white sink was stained with mineral deposits years ago that I can't get rid of no matter how much I scrub it or what product I use. I've even soaked it in CLR and left it overnight with no luck, but what do you expect from a 20 year old sink? It's days are coming to an end, and I'm going to stick a shiny new stainless steel one in it's place!

No comments: