Halloween Costume Ideas

Being that this is our daughter’s first Halloween that she gets to celebrate (we were left the hospital on Halloween last year) I thought it would be great if the whole family dressed up for Halloween photos.  I knew it would be a task getting Hubby in a costume because he has always refused to dress up for Halloween with me.  Apparently having a daughter to dress up with has completely changed that part of him, though, because this year he didn’t put up much of a fight when I started mentioning Halloween costumes.  Instead of refusing to do it he actually spent some time looking at adult halloween costumes on the internet with me!

Because money will be tight we’re definitely making all of our costumes.  I’ve started on Ellie’s ladybug costume, and Hubby is going to be a farmer.  That’s pretty easy to do since he already has everything except a hat.  He’s going to borrow a straw hat from my dad.  As for me, I have absolutely no idea what I’m going to be.  I need something that’s easy to make, but I’m clueless as to what that’s going to be yet.  Hubby keeps telling me I should make myself an adult ladybug costume, but I don’t particularly want to be a ladybug.  I’ve been Rainbow Brite many years in the past, and I may just have to repeat that one.  I can’t help it.  I love dressing up like Rainbow Brite lol.  I would have done it every year as a child if my mom would have let me!  Then again I don’t want weird looks from people who have no clue who I’m dressing as.  I mean my 18 year old cousin had no clue who Rainbow Brite was, and when I explained and showed her my doll she said “Oh, from like back in your day.”  Boy did that make me feel old!

If I had the cash to purchase a costume this year I’d probably get this Racer Girl costume.  It’s cute, but not too sexy to wear while trick or treating with a baby, and it’s right up my alley.  Maybe I’ll get that costume next year.  This year I could always throw on my leather jacket and chaps, and be a biker chick.  I just don’t want to tote my helmet around all night!

No comments: