Going To The Beach

Awhile back my Dad and I were discussing taking a family vacation this summer since I haven't been on a vacation with him since I was a teenager. I think the last time I went on a family vacation with him was to Pigeon Forge, TN when I was 16. That was the last actual family vacation we had before my parents split up, so it's been quite a long time. Now that we have the baby I really want to take a family vacation that involves my Dad.

We'd discussed going camping at the beach, but at the time he needed to do some rv repair before we could take his rv anywhere. Now it's repaired, and we're yet again discussing a beach trip. As much as I love going to Edisto and renting a beach house it's just as nice to go down and camp at the local park. We haven't done that in awhile, and it's a lot cheaper on our budget as well. I broke the news to Hubby that there's no way we can afford to buy a house by the end of the year, but we can afford to go on a vacation. That makes him feel a little better, and I can't wait to take the little one to the beach. Plus I'll get to spend some much needed quality time with my dad hunting for seashells and shark's teeth.

Now I've just got to get the plan in motion. I'm going to set aside some cash each week into a beach fund since we've decided the best time to go will be September. That's when we normally take our beach trips because it's considered out of season making things cheaper, and you don't have so many people to deal with. Then again we never really have to deal with a lot of people at Edisto anyway. It's a gorgeous island, and it's never overcrowded even during the busy tourist times. I seriously can't wait for this! I'm ready to pack up and leave right now, but I'll be patient. September will be here soon enough.

No comments: