Cleaning Out The Office

The rest of this week I'm going to take advantage of the baby's naptimes to do something I haven't had a lot of time to do...Spring Cleaning! I've been on a mission to clean out my office and convert part of it into a playroom for a few weeks now, but I just haven't had the time to do it. I feel frazzled when I walk in the room and try to figure out what I should tackle since part of the room has become storage and a catch-all these last few months. That makes me turn tail and move onto something else that's less intimidating in the short time I have to clean.

Today I decided it's time to get that room organized and converted to a play space for Elliana, and I'm going to make myself get it done. This morning I started by pulling out a couple of boxes that were stacked up and going through them. I figure if I can get a few boxes out at a time I'll be able to accomplish things a little bit at a time. As I was going through the stuff I realized we hadn't touched any of it in 6 months, so what's the use of keeping things we aren't using? In the end I tossed everything into a garbage bag to cart off to the nearest charity donation sight.

Now I want to tackle the extra office furniture we have in there. We were given a couple of desks that we're not even using, so what's the use of keeping them? I've got a smaller desk in the corner of the room that I use as my work station when I actually have time to sit down in my office for a few minutes. Mostly I work from my netbook these days.

We've also got a couch in there that hasn't been sat on in months, so what's the use of keeping that, too? To me Spring cleaning equals clearing out everything we don't need, use, and/or want anymore. I keep reminding myself the more junk I get rid of the more space I'll have for Elliana to play, so I want that furniture out of here asap. Now I just have to get Hubby motivated enough to help me move it!  I’m still contemplating on whether I should donate the stuff to a local charity or if I should Freecycle it.  Either way I’ll be getting the stuff out of my house, and it’ll be going to a place where it can be used for something.

No comments: