Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer Review

When it was time to create a baby registry I admit I was kind of lost.  I knew what type of stuff we needed, but the amount of stuff to choose from can be overwhelming.  I remember spending hours looking at swings and bouncy seats afraid I’d pick one that my baby wouldn’t like.  That fear mostly came from watching one of our friends go through 3 swings before she found one her son would sit in for more than 5 minutes without screaming.  I was getting so frustrated with all the products out there I found it easier to help my sis-in-law choose her disability insurance. Now that's bad!

One day I decided to stop worrying about it and go with a theme.  I decided if we didn’t like what we chose we could always exchange it later.  I knew I wanted to go with a neutral theme because I want to be able to use everything multiple times, and at the time we didn’t know what the gender of our baby would be.  I chose a jungle theme for the bedroom, so I stuck with that when it came time to choose a bouncy seat. 

I narrowed it down to 3 jungle themed bouncers, then I decided to go with the one that seemed to have the most features.  I ended up choosing the Rainforest bouncer after I saw a display model.  It seemed to have a lot of features some of the others were lacking, and it was cheaper!  Boy am I glad I went with that one.  Elliana absolutely loves it.  She’s got another bouncer that my Nanas that has more toys to play with, but the lack of lights and action bore her.

When we first got the bouncer Ellie was still a preemie, so we didn’t use the toy bar.  Frankly it scared the crap out of her.  The seat was very soothing to her though, and as she grew we added the bar.  We started by letting it play the soothing rainforest sounds, and eventually worked our way up to the whole lights, music, and animations deal.  Now when she’s in her Rainforest bouncer her eyes stay glued to the swinging monkey while her little hands explore the bird and monkey rattles.  I love that I can set it to play on continuous mode, or I can set the animations to be triggered when she hits one of the rattles.  One continuous mode the toy bar shuts off after 15 minutes to save batteries, and it turns back on as soon as the baby touches one of the rattles. I love that there are 3 different volume levels, and we can choose either music (plays 18 songs) or rainforest sounds (that put her to sleep).

If you’re looking for a bouncer check out the Rainforest bouncer by Fisher-Price.  We absolutely love it!  Oh, and a tip for you new parents out there…definitely invest in a good battery charger that takes every size and a ton of rechargeable batteries!  Just about everything takes batteries these days, and we found ourselves going through 4 D batteries a week.  When you look at the cost of batteries these days the rechargeable ones paid for themselves after 2 uses.

No comments: