Coming To Terms With My Body

Days like these are the days that remind me I need to get on the ball if I expect to fit into any of my swimsuits by Summer. It’s so pretty outside, but my mood isn’t so much.  I pulled out all my Summer clothes this morning only to find that I don’t have a single pair of shorts that fit me anymore.  Even the ones I wore during the first half of my pregnancy won’t pull up over my hips.  That leaves me with 2 options.  I can either lose some more weight or I can buy new shorts.  I’d prefer to lose the weight, but I’ll probably settle for buying some more shorts this time around.

If I needed to lose a good bit of weight I'd probably try a phentermine diet pill, but I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not that overweight. I'm just unhappy with my body because it's not the body I'm used to. I was that skinny girl who had trouble gaining weight, and now that I'm just a couple years away from 30 I'm becoming that woman who needs to watch what I eat from time to time and make sure I get some exercise in.

Luckily this nice weather has it’s advantages.  I’ve lost a couple pounds in the last few couple of weeks, and that’s probably because I’ve been getting outside with the baby and walking her in her stroller.  Since it’s supposed to be 75 today I’ve got a great excuse to get outside and exercise while enjoying the warm weather with my little girl.  I know I don’t want to lose what’s left of my baby weight too fast, and I think that’s the perfect way to do it.  I just had to keep telling myself that it doesn’t matter if I’m not a size 5 anymore.  What matters is that I have a healthy little girl, and once she starts walking a lot of that weight will come off when I’m chasing her around!

No comments: