Changed My Mind

I finally talked Hubby into getting one of those Amish fireplaces for our bedroom, but now I'm doubting myself again. After the way our power bill has spiked even with our wood heat, I'm not sure I can afford to pay to use more electricity! I was going to build a fire today, but it's warm enough that we don't need one.

I did plug in one of our electric heaters long enough to take the chill off in the bedroom, and the dryer and oven took care of the kitchen and dining room. Since the dining room has technically become the playroom I didn't worry about heating the rest of the house.

You don’t know how thankful I am that we have our woodstove.  I can’t imagine how high our power bill would be if we had a heat pump right now.  I think the power bill alone has solved our debate over what type of heat we’re going to install this summer!

No comments: