Valley Of The Mist Botanicals Skin Saver Salve

While we're waiting on my sister to email me the review she's wrote for us of the best diet supplement she's found, let's talk about a new product I tried yesterday. It's no secret that pregnant women can suffer from extremely dry and itchy skin. I naturally suffer from dry skin, but in the past 2 months my skin has become so dry and itchy it's almost unbearable. My feet and elbows have always been horrible, and I've searched for products to help, but now even my ankles are dry and cracked.

I was extremely happy when I opened up my Lemming Central box and found a pocket sized Skin Saver Salve from Valley Of The Mist Botanicals. I couldn't wait to give it a try to see if this salve will help my dry and cracked skin. I also wanted to test it out on Hubby since his elbows are extremely rough as well.

Before even using the product as usual I check the ingredients list to make sure I'm not allergic to any of the ingredients (even all natural ones) since my already sensitive skin has been even more prone to skin allergies since becoming pregnant.

Ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Vitamin E, Essential Oils: Rosemary, Lavender, and Tee Tree


Valley Of The Mist Botanicals Skin Saver Salve description:

Smooth on this great all natural salve after bath or shower to soften and soothe feet, hands and elbows. You will notice your skin will be smoother and softer after using it for just a few days. Cover with cotton socks to aid absorption. Enjoy!

I smoothed on this salve and threw on cotton socks as soon as I got out of the shower yesterday, and so far I really like it. Of course it will take a few days to see any improvement in my skin, but I like the way the salve feels on my feet. Immediately my ankles stopped itching which is a big bonus for me. I've itched constantly for weeks, and nothing seems to help! Also even though the salve feels like of greasy when you're taking it out of the container it doesn't leave your feet feeling greasy at all. I can't stand the feeling of greasy lotions and creams on my skin, and this one definitely didn't leave me with that feeling.

I also put some Skin Saver Salve on Hubby's elbows before he went to bed last night, and he had no complaints about this one. Normally he's not a fan of any of my lotions and creams because he says they stink. He described the skin saver salve as "the scent of walking into an herb garden in the middle of the night". If he's that descriptive he likes it. Otherwise he would have just told me to wash the stuff off.

So far I give this Skin Saver Salve 4 out of 5 stars because we're really liking it. The rating could drop depending on how well it helps our skin over the next week, but so far I'm happy with how well it stopped my itching! That's a major plus right there for me!

There are 3 sizes of the Skin Saver Salve available for purchase. The pocket size is 1/3oz and sells for $3.25. It's the perfect size if you're looking for something to toss in your purse or travel kit. The 2oz size retails for $12, and there's also a professional 4oz size available for $20 that is recommended for spa type applications.

No comments: