Kicking The Spam

I think it's about time for me to manually edit all my older posts so I can close the comments on them without having to close comments across the board. That's one feature I really wish Blogger would give us...allow us to close comments on any posts over let's say 30 days old because honestly the only comments I ever get on older posts are all spam comments.

Here lately I've been dealing with lots of spam comments for weight loss pills and male enhancement, sometimes up to 200 comments a day! That's a lot of comments to have to manually approve or delete, and there's probably a good possibility I'm missing legitimate comments when I get fed up and delete them all.

Come on Blogger...how hard would it be to offer us some form of spam protection to kick out all these junk comments? Apparently the system in place just doesn't do the trick.

No comments: