For A Good Cause

This has been one very exciting week for me. I'll tell ya if things in my life had been this exciting back when I was trying to lose weight I wouldn't have needed an appetite suppressant because my excitement is doing that for me. I've really had to make sure I've reminded myself to stop and eat because I've been completely forgetting about meals.

What's had me so excited? Well for starters I had my first ultrasound Thursday morning. If you want to see the photos I posted them here along with a photo of the other little bundle of joy that's had me so excited. While I was getting my ultrasound done our best friends were upstairs getting ready to welcome their first child into this world. She was induced at 8:30am, and at 5:30pm we all got to meet Baby JJ.

I've been in baby mode over the last few days. I was holding off on buying any clothing items for JJ until we knew what the sex was, but now that I've got a baby boy to shop for it's been very hard to keep me out of the baby section.

Now today we've got something else going on that I'm really happy about. From 4pm-10pm we've got a benefit concert going on for a couple of local brothers who are really going to need a lot of help. The Wiley brothers lost their mother in February when her life was taken due to domestic violence. She was a breast cancer survivor and a wonderful woman who we all loved very much. Now the 23 year old full time college student is left as the only guardian of his 7 year old brother.

The benefit is featuring 5 bands, including my father-in-law's, as well as $2 beer, pizza, and subs from Columbos in Clemson, SC. We're all going to hang out, have a great time, and raise money for a great cause. If you're in the Upstate SC area and want to join us you can get all the info you need here.

No comments: