Migraines & Progesterone

I had a few tarts I wanted to review today, but there's just no way. I've had a killer migraine that's kept me in bed most of the day, and my sensitivity to smells would probably mean I'd puke if I smelled the tarts again right now. I had to make a trip to the ER this morning for another shot, and even the darvocet the ER doctor gave me didn't help at all. After sleeping for about 5 hours I'm finally starting to get some relief. I'm feeling that haze and numbness that normally comes after a migraine, especially when it's one that lasts for multiple hours.

This one hit me at a weird time, and I think it was triggered by pressure change with the storms we had yesterday. They moved in quickly, dropped a good bit of rain, lowered the temperature, and moved right back out. I had warning signs a migraine was coming like pain in my neck, stabbing pains in the side of my head, and sensitivity to light, but for the most part I ignored them because this isn't when I normally get migraines.

I do tend to have them more often during this time of the year, but mine normally come around my menstrual cycle. That's why it's been suggested that I take progesterone a few days before my period. I don't know if I can do that due to my Endometriosis, but I'm definitely going to talk to my doctor about it. I do believe I read something saying progesterone would lower my fertility level though, and if that's the case I definitely don't want to start taking it now.

No comments: