Lazy Days & Late Night Shopping

Hubby and I have had an interesting weekend. I feel like we've done absolutely nothing...and that's because we haven't. We had already decided we were going to spend the weekend doing something together, and that's exactly what we did. We have been extremely lazy.

I'm still recovering from a stomach bug I picked up last week that's had me pretty down. Every time I think I'm over it, it hits me one more time. After all the early morning drama Saturday morning we decided to chill at home and play a few video games together. We actually spent most of the day playing Frets on Fire. Rock Band and Guitar Hero have gotten old because we know all the songs. With Frets on Fire we can download new songs to keep the game from feeling old, and our XBOX 360 guitars plug right in via usb. You just need the driver.

By the afternoon I was tired of that, so I did do a little housework. I did a few loads of laundry, a load of dishes, cleaned the bathroom, then I made a shopping list. I wanted to hit up the Family Dollar for a few things I needed, but I walked through the bedroom and caught something interesting on tv. I laid down on the bed for a few minutes to watch, and the next thing I knew I was asleep.

Hubby caught me taking a nap and decided to join me. Man did we sleep. What should have been a short nap turned into us waking up around 8:30pm. Then again I didn't sleep at all Friday night, so I can understand why.

When we woke up we both fiddled around with other things for awhile then decided to grab a bite to eat, so we headed to Waffle House around 11pm. I took my shopping list with me because I really needed some of the things I put on my list (like I was totally out of shampoo), so we had to hit up the only store that was open past midnight, Walmart.

Now I'm not a fan of Walmart, and I try to avoid it at all costs, but sometimes it's just hard to do. Besides I needed to get a couple things that I can't find at the regular old dollar store. I've been thinking about purchasing some promotional pens for my business, but I settled for purchasing more business card paper this time. My business cards do well, and I don't think I'm ready to take the leap into the pens yet.

So after we grabbed the essential things we needed I headed off to the office supplies while Hubby took off to electronics. That's never good because if I don't drag him out of electronics he'll come back with a buggy full of stuff we don't need.

He almost did that. He did come back with something we don't need, but we've both been wanting. I wasn't planning on buying it this week, but dealing with Hubby in Walmart is like dealing with a 2 year old pitching a public hissy fit, so I gave in after arguing for a few minutes.

What did we buy? You'll just have to stay tuned to find out!

No comments: