Blog Talkers #63

The question:

What is the most extravagant single item purchase you have ever made, other than a house or car? Why did you purchase that item? Did you regret it later?

This one is kind of hard for me to answer because I don't buy a lot of extravagant things. I've always been the frugal shopper and more often than not I don't buy something I really want just because I can't see shelling out large amounts of cash.

I would have to say the biggest purchase I've made is my motorcycle. I know it's a vehicle, but it's not a car...it's a recreational "toy", so I think it counts. Hubby and I had talked about getting a bike because of gas prices, but we always jokingly talked about it. We walked into the dealership one day just to look around and came out with a bike. I've been riding motorcycles since before I could drive, so it was something I really wanted, but just didn't want to spend my money on. I ended up doing it anyway, and I don't regret a bit of it. It's my sanity.

No comments: