There's Going To Be A Wedding

Wedding season is definitely in full swing now. I spent more of the day today helping my sister with her wedding planning. She was supposed to get married in May, but she has some financial issues that caused her to have to change the date. Now she's decided to continue planning the wedding, and then she'll set a final date after she has everything ready to go. Actually, it's not a bad idea. She's doing what I did, buying up decorations, wedding favors, her dress, bridesmaids dresses, and other stuff like that right now, then she will decide on a final date when everything's set. She's getting married in the small church we grew up in, so there's no real problem with deciding a date last minute. There aren't a lot of weddings that take place there.

Today we shopped around for bridesmaids dresses, flowers, and wedding bands. We didn't buy anything, but I finally convinced her to use fake flowers. I used fake flowers, and I'm glad I did. We were all able to keep our bouquets, and numerous people have borrowed some of my flower arrangements for their weddings. All of my arrangements were lavender or white, so my sister is definitely using the white ones. I told her I would take them apart and redo the arrangements to make something unique for her, but it's so nice not having to spend extra money on those. Sure, we'll have to buy a few extra flowers, but overall we have most of the arrangements. We just need to add some yellow flowers.

I think things are coming together a lot faster than she thought they would. I'm actually surprised as how little stress she's dealing with. Now I really wish I had planned my wedding out this way. I swear I thought I was going to go crazy, and by the time the day finally got here, I just wanted to get it over with. She's goign to have everything out of the way with plenty of time to relax before her big day hits.

No comments: