Starting A New Online Business Venture

Who knew I would have such a hard time starting my new business?  It's not that I'm having a hard time starting it.  It's that I'm having to find time to create product while my child has decided to blossom into a spitting, biting, temper tantrum throwing almost 2 year old (2 1/2 weeks and counting down!), and that has made it very difficult to find time to create.  By the time she goes to bed I'm so exhausted that I just don't have the mental capacity to come up with new ideas.  I have slowly created a small stockpile of product over the last few weeks (what wasn't snatched up by my photographer friend as photo props!), so I'm now ready to start my new business website.

The hard part now is coming up with a business name that A. I like, B. doesn't sound corny, and C. isn't already taken.  I'm still nameless, so I've been concentrating more on finding an ecommerce software solution to use. I like that most of them come with a trial period so I can figure out which one I want to use before I actually make a monthly commitment.  I plan to start doing craft shows, but having my own business site will potentially increase my sales because I'll have a wide audience.  Yes, there are those free to use commission on sales only websites out there designed specifically for crafters, but they are so flooded with others selling similar products that I feel it's very hard to get any decent "face time" with potential buyers.  I'd much rather have my own one stop online shop where you can find everything I make without having to wade through hoards of other products you may not be interested in seeing.

So now is the time for me to crack down and come up with a name.  Hopefully I will be debuting my new online store in a matter of days, but that will all depend on how my creative thinking goes while listening to the little one defy me.  I'll be so glad when the terrible two's are over!

No comments: