This Week’s Dollar General + Coupons Savings

Last night was a good shopping night for me.  The next box of diapers I just ordered hasn’t arrived yet, and we were on the verge of running out.  I only have a couple of cloth diapers that fit Ellie right now, and she had on the only clean one.  I decided to make a quick run to the Dollar General for a pack of diapers to hold us over until the box I ordered from Amazon arrived.  Before I left I grabbed a stack of coupons I had on my desk that were going to expire soon thinking I might be able to go ahead and pick up some of next week’s groceries if the price was right with coupons.  Below is a list of my coupons.

  • $2.50 off Luvs Diapers
  • $1.00 off Stayfree Ultra Thin product .
  • 50 off any Clorox product (manufacturer's coupon)
  • $1.00 off any 2 Clorox cleaning products (DG coupon)
  • $1.00 off any 2 Big G cereals
  • .55 off any 1 Big G cereals
  • $1 off Wisk Laundry detergent
  • 1 coupon for a free pack of Nabisco cookies with the purchase of a pack of Nabisco cookies and a gallon of milk

 

I also took a look at the sales ad for this week before shopping, and I knew that some of the items I had coupons for were also on sale this week. When I got to the store I went straight to the clearance section as well because there are a lot of great deals there. Our local store also places some grocery items in the clearance section. In that section I found 2 boxes of Cheerios, and a tub of Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. My purchases before coupons and tax totaled $26.83. I saved an additional $10.05 with coupons bringing my total to $17.78 after taxes.

Not only is shopping at the dollar store money saving for me, but using coupons there really paid off.  Of course I didn’t use coupons on any items I wouldn’t normally buy unless they were a different brand name that I normally use that ended up cheaper than my usual brand.

No comments: