Family Cookout & Baby's Pool Party

I had an enjoyable evening tonight with my family.  We had a small little family cookout, just the three of us, my Mom, and my sister, her hubby, and baby boy.  I'd have to say it's the most fun I've had with my family in a long time, and I think Ellie really enjoyed herself as well.

After dinner my Mom pulled out the baby pool she'd bought for Ellie.  Hubby blew it up, and Ellie was playing in it within 10 minutes.  She had her own little pool party for almost an hour while my sis and I watched her, talked about diet pills, and I played with my nephew who at 1 month old is no where near old enough to get in and splash with Ellie yet. My sis is trying to get rid of her baby weight as well, and she's definitely considering diet pills since she can't breastfeed any longer. She saw an ad for adipo-x, and she was telling me what she'd looked up online about adipo-x version 2.0 side effects. It's the pill she's thinking about using, but she wants to consult her doctor first since in high dosages you can have side effects like insomnia, anxiety, and high blood pressure. She was asking me what I thought, and honestly I told her I don't think she even needs diet pills. She's already dropped almost all of her baby weight, and her son is only 1 month old. I'd say she's on a great track already.

Anywho, as for the Intex Froggy Fun Baby Pool, Ellie absolutely 100% LOVED it. I definitely recommend this pool to anyone looking to buy a cheap kiddie pool for an infant or toddler. My mom purchased the pool for $10 at Walmart. Target sells it for $14.99, and it's well worth it at such a cheap price. The single ring frog shaped pool is partially covered by a rainbow that protects baby from the sun. It can hold up to 12 gallons of water with a total depth of 5". We only filled the pool about half way, and it was more than enough for Ellie to splash and play. She splashed around for awhile until she figured out how to flip over and slither around. She had a blast, and she wore herself out, too. When I finally got her out of the pool she was asleep within 10 minutes.

I'm pretty worn out now myself after 2 sleepless nights due to Ellie teething and keeping me up all night. Oh well, it's all part of mamahood! Now I think I'm going to get some work finished so I can curl up in bed myself.

No comments: