Slow Down & Save Money

Why is it every time I work out our budget so that I can start setting a little money aside for savings with we hit with something else?  It’s time to rework my budget again because we just got our policy renewal letter today for our car insurance, and it doesn’t look good at all.  Our insurance rate went up $60 a month.  Yes, I said $60!  Part of that is because of Hubby’s horrible driving record.  Just when one ticket clears off his record he ends up getting another one.  Some of it is actually because our insurance company decided to increase rates based on credit ratings.  I think it’s total bs to do that since I’ve been a loyal customer for years, but what can you do?

I know what I’ll do.  I need to request an auto insurance quote from a few other companies, then I'll buy Hubby the radar detector he's been wanting. When we first got married I bought him one. I figured it was a $100 investment that would save us a lot of money since he wouldn't be getting so many speeding tickets, and honestly that's exactly how things went...until the thing died about 2 years later. I've been saying for years I was going to buy him a new one, but I've kept putting it off and purchasing other things instead. Well now I think it's finally time to get him a new one!

No comments: