Get Up And Get Going

A lot has been going on in the past week.  All 3 of us have been sick, so that hasn’t helped any especially since we’ve been battling long nights with the baby.  There have been nights where she’s screamed with the worst colic she’s had thus far, and we’ve both broke down in tears with no clue what to do.  I’m hoping that we’re going through an “it gets worse before it gets better” phase. 

The last 2 nights have been great.  She still wakes up at 11pm and doesn’t want to go back to sleep, but the last 2 nights she went back down around 1:30-2am and stayed asleep!  She didn’t wake up until 8:30am to eat.  Maybe if she’s starting to sleep in 7 hour blocks I can work on getting her to go down earlier each night until she’s sleeping when I want her to.

On top of all that I’ve been having my own little issues.  Mommy has been going through the “I’m still fat” phase.  I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that Elliana is 12 weeks old now, but when I look at myself I still see 6 months pregnant.  I know it takes awhile to lose the baby weight, so I’m not freaking out over it too much.  This has just been one of those weeks. 

So I don’t go through the I’m still fat week again anytime soon it’s time to do something about it.  I can’t lose weight too fast since I’m breastfeeding, but I can try to slowly drop a few more pounds.  I need to start planning my grocery list around foods that burn fat, and I need to find the time to do a little exercising. This week will be great because the weather is nice, and it's warm enough to get the baby outside. I can put her in her Snugli, and we can go for a walk everyday. That doesn’t just get me up and moving.  It gets the baby out exploring new things with her sense as well!  I think that’s exactly what I’ll do as soon as she wakes up from her nap!

No comments: