Learning Where I Shouldn't Cut Corners

Have you ever written a product off before because frankly you decided it sucked, but one day you picked it up again because you forgot that you didn't like it?  No?  Just me?  Maybe I can blame it on the pregnancy brain fog! 

Honestly I have to really blame it on the fact that I've been scrounging to save every penny possible, and that means maybe I'm not exactly making the best decisions when it comes to  my purchases.  In the end that just ends up costing me more.

See back in the day Hubby and I used to buy Xtra laundry detergent simply because it was so cheap, and we needed cheap.  That was long before I ever found the wonderful product that is Purex.  These days I use Ultra Purex Natural Elements (grab a coupon here) because we not only love the scent choices, but it does a great job!  We've also tried the 3-in-1 sheets that I do also love.  They just aren't economical for us during the summer when I hang most of our laundry on the line to dry.  We'll definitely be using them this winter, though, when we do use our dryer.  We'll end up saving money because we don't have to buy 3 separate products!

Anywho I was trying to be cheap this week, so when I saw Xtra (77 loads size) was on sale for $3, plus I had a $1 off coupon I took advantage of it.  I should have thrown that coupon in the trash because I definitely remember why I stopped buying Xtra.  It doesn't get our clothes clean!  I end up having to wash each load 2 or 3 times just to get the same results as I do with the Purex. 

Lesson learned.  From now on I'm not going to skimp on laundry detergent just because I can save $2.  In the end I haven't saved $2 because I'm having to use twice as much, and the end result still isn't as nice. 

No comments: