Drooling Over Food

My favorite time of the year is here, and along with that comes all those wonderful fall foods. One of my absolute favorites is pumpkin pie. Shockingly I just realized I have never actual made a pumpkin pie though. I've made plenty of pumpkin cheesecakes, but I think I'm going to switch it up this year and make a classic pumpkin pie.

I've been in a huge baking and cooking mood lately. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that my yard is full of so much wonderful stuff I can bake with. I've got a pear tree that's so full it looks like the pears are going to drag the tree to the ground. I've got walnuts, still have some apples, and I even have tomatoes that are still producing like crazy.

I think it's about time to start gathering up all those green tomatoes for some nice fried green tomatoes. I absolutely love them, but I haven't made any in awhile. I'm tempted to try to make a fried green tomato casserole, especially if I can figure out a way to make it in my crock pot.

Man, just talking about all this food is making me hungry. I think it's time to heat up some left over BBQ for a sandwich.

No comments: