Stress Relief & Improved Circulation Through Gentle Practice

I promised you some awesome product reviews, and that time has come! What could be so awesome that it had me like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for it to arrive?

My very first yoga dvd!

Okay I know you might be thinking I've lost my mind, but the truth is I've been interested in Yoga for a long time. I've just never had the motivation to actually try it. Of course I could buy all the Yoga mats in the world, but I still wouldn't know what to do.

That's where this video, Yoga: Gentle Practice, comes in. This is the ultimate video for beginners. It's got 6 routines, 3 1/2 hours of practice, and 23 pose lessons.

The pose lessons are awesome. The DVD walks you through each pose showing you positioning, what not to do with each pose, what benefits each pose gives you, and variations of each pose to try.

The instructor, Zyrka Landwijt, even shows you how to adapt certain poses for health problems that might prevent you from completing the full pose.

The main reason I wanted to try the yoga dvd is because yoga helps build strength and improve circulation while relieving stress through relaxation. I may only be 26, but I have horrible circulation in my legs.

If I sit in one position for more than 10 minutes at a time my legs fall asleep. I toss and turn all night because my legs fall asleep. I have now completed one of the routines twice, and I think this is really going to benefit me.

If you're one of those people who would like to try yoga, but you've been scared away by all the images on TV of people twisting into weird knots, standing on their heads, and balancing in really painful looking ways, check out this DVD instead. As a beginner's practice it really is easy, and you're not twisting and bending yourself in ways the body was never meant to move!

No comments: