Situation Sunday #37

Situation Sunday? A few scenarios? What would I do? This meme sounds like it's right up my alley!

Situation # 1

You are out shopping, you have a small child with you. { Could be yours or a relative, you are watching.} You make it back to the car. Put the child in the back in the car seat. Load all the bags into the trunk. Get in the car and put the keys in the ignition......Suddenly a masked guy jumps into the passengers side,,and says drive lady in a angry voice with a gun pointed at your head.....What do you do?


I would definitely not want to put the child's life in danger, but driving off with a mad man like this could put us both in more danger than seeking help, so I would drive off, but I would pull out of the space in the direction of the most people, then I would start honking the horn wildly. Carjackers don't want people seeing them, and they're less likely to hurt you in a crowded area with tons of witnesses. I seriously doubt he would shoot me in front of a ton of people, but leaving with him could find me and the child dead on the side of the road in the middle of know where

Situation # 2

Time for your family Christmas get together. Everyone is there, from your siblings to their spouses, and children. Every one is told to bring a gift, one that can be given to a male or a female. And everyone is to bring a child's gift, equal to the number of children that will be at the party. The adult gifts are put in a grab bag, where you pull out one, and if it is the one you brought you have the option to keep or pick again. The children's gifts are done the same way. You happen to pick a gift, and it happens to be a "re gift", one that you have bought for your sister a few years ago. What do you do or say as you open the gift?


I don't think I would say anything. If she felt the need to re-gift it in our little game, then I would come to the realization that I didn't buy her something she could actually use. I would also know my sister is young and money is tight, so maybe she couldn't afford to buy a gift and chose something she thought someone else might enjoy.

Situation # 3

A big snow storm is brewing out side. Already a foot of snow has fallen and expecting another foot to come. Your house is out in the country with your nearest neighbor being 5 miles away. Your house is on a back road. The last storm brought only 8 inches, and it took the highway department 1 week before they cleared the roads for you to get out. This storm looks like it will be much longer before you are cleared out. The phone service has went out,,,you can see where the line snapped. There is a knock on your door, almost like a bang. You open your door to find Teri Hatcher and Johny Depp at your door. They will be staying with you till the storm ends. They were on their way to shoot a movie, got lost and ended up stuck in the snow. They have walked 2 miles in the blizzard to get to your place......{ Keep in mind...after this it will be on the news, and tons of reporters shall be coming} How will you handle the next 2 weeks?


Lock Teri Hatcher in my basement and molest Johnny Depp? Only in my dreams! Nah I'd try to stay cool about the whole situation and be as hospitable as possible. I'd hope they wouldn't really be interested in a lot of people knowing where they are or that they're stuck, so hopefully I wouldn't have to deal with publicity. Of course I'd have to get Johnny Depp to sign my entire collection of Depp movies, and I'd probably pull out Fear & Loathing again if he agreed to watch it with me. Then I'd tell them both famous or not, no one's getting free room and board! Get to shoveling! Haha, ok maybe not.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Make em pay! They can afford it, LOL.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :-)

Helena said...

Jenn, Great answers! Thanks for playing! LOL, at making them shovel. I might just insist Terri shovel,Johny can pay his dept another way ;>).