Real Estate

Hubby has always had an interest in real estate, but I think that comes from being a carpenter and building multi-million dollar homes everyday. I've never really cared too much about real estate because I have a good house to live in, and the way I see it, my home should be more important to me than how it's valued price wise in the community. Spending the last few weeks helping my friend shop for a new house has opened my eyes to a whole new world. I never realized how stressful it is to purchase real estate, especially in this county.

We've ran into many problems lately with finding a home for her because of how outrageous some of the rules are when it comes to the value of the home. Apparently the homeowners of the last house we looked at can legally sell the house as having an above ground pool just because they left the deck they built around the pool that was previously there. The pool that was there is so old that the sides were caving in, so it was removed. We also ran into a lot of problems with people listing houses as 3 bedroom 2 bath, but because one of the bedrooms is located in the basement with no window, it will never appraise at the price needed for the loan company to approve.

I'm so glad I'm not looking for a house for myself! It makes me happier everyday to know I have a wonderful set of grandparents who gladly handed the keys to their old house to me just to have me close to home. I'm even happier knowing that when we eventually do have a house of our own, it will be one that we build on our own property, and I've got a family full of carpenter's to do it!

No comments: