Supernatural Happenings

Do you believe in the supernatural? I sure do. I've experienced things that could only be described as supernatural. I live in one of the top 10 most haunted counties in South Carolina, and I've been in a haunted house when I visited Alabama with my husband. He told me his aunt and uncle's farm that sits on top of an old indian burial ground is haunted, but I didn't want to believe him. On the 4 hour drive there he told me about strange things happening behind the house where the above ground pool used to sit. Apparently more than once someone swimming in the pool almost drowned and said they felt like something pulled them under and just held them down. He also told me about how when his mom was 8 months pregnant, she was walking down the stairs inside the house and something shoved her. His sister experienced the same feeling. He told me more than once he had seen an old man walking through the house on nights he slept over at their house.

I didn't fully believe him until the second night we stayed there. That evening I decided to take a shower before we went out for dinner, and when I came back down the stairs, something shoved me. I had no control over myself as I tumbled down the old wooden stairs. I ended up twisting my ankle really bad, and I couldn't walk the rest of the week.

I've always been fascinated by supernatural stuff like that, and although it scares me to death, I'm glad I got to experience it. That's probably one of the reasons I'm into books that deal with supernatural stuff like a lot of the Stephen King stuff. I can't wait to see the 1408 Movie starring John Cusack and Samuel L Jackson. If you haven't heard about the movie yet, it's about a horror novelist who doesn't believe in things he can't see with his own two eyes. He writes a string of bestsellers that take place in famous haunted houses and graveyards all over the world, but he has no belief in the real supernatural and afterlife, but that all changes when he checks into room 1408 at the Dolphin Motel for his "10 Nights In Haunted Hotel Rooms" book. If you're into supernatural stuff, I think 1408 Movie is going to be a really good movie. For a preview, check out the trailer below.

No comments: