Help For Drug Abuse

I have been on my anti-drug campaign for quite awhile now. I'm not one of those little goody two shoes girls taking on a campaign for which she knows nothing about.

I have first hand experience with drug abuse through my husband and friends. I watched my hubby deal with an addition. We began dating at the time when he was looking for an out, and when I gave him an ultimatum, he took the help offered and walked away from Methamphetamine while he could.

Our other friends weren't that lucky. One of them is so deep into his addiction that he lives from meth house to meth house looking for his next fix. He's lost his home, his job, and most of his family and friends. If he had gotten the help he needed, he wouldn't be in this situation now. If he had just tried drug rehab he wouldn't be living in his car or meth houses. He could go home to his family every night, and he definitely wouldn't be killing himself with every needle he puts in his arm. If you know someone who has a drug addiction, please help them get the help they need. All it takes is a phone call to 1-800-NODRUGS or a visit to their website at 1-800-nodrugs.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. My name is Ashley and i'm doing ap roject on Drug Abuse for my Sociology class. I would just lke to ask you how you felt when your husband was doing the drugs and how do you feel now that he has finally stopped?