Do You Have To Pay For A Good Review?

There are many bloggers today who pay to receive a blog review. I have mixed feelings about this strategy. If you have to pay, typically at least $50, to get have your blogged reviewed, are you really getting your money's worth? Are you getting a real review that reflects the review writer's true feelings about your blog, or are you getting a review they threw together in a few minutes just to grab your hard earned cash? It may just be my personal opinion on the matter, but I truly believe the best reviews are free. When there is no money involved, there isn't that opportunity to cloud your thoughts with the image of dollar signs while writing. I would much rather receive one honest review from someone who really says what they feel rather than 10 paid reviews from bloggers who throw something together, say it's a nice blog, and submit it just for the cash.

This brings me to my next project. I would like to review blogs for free for any of my fellow bloggers who will give me the chance. All I ask for in exchange is a small review about my blog from you.

The rules are simple:
  1. Write a review about my blog.
  2. Link to my blog with the anchor text "free blog promotion"
  3. Return to this blog and leave a comment including the link to the review you wrote about me.
  4. I will contact you with the link when my review about you is complete.
The rules really can't get any simpler than that, and we can both gain a little traffic at the same time! Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me at anytime.

No comments: