Phasing It Out?

Why is it every time I find a product I really really love it gets taken off the market?  Why can't companies leave well enough alone! Two years ago I wrote about how much I loved the then new Gillette SatinCare In Shower Moisturizer, but I was having a very hard time finding it.  The moisturizer had arrived on the market in Christmas gift packs, and that was really all you could find.  Others were commenting they were having a very hard time finding it, too, and we were all overjoyed when bottles began hitting the store shelves.

The reason I fell in love with the product is because I have very sensitive very dry skin, and it was the only product that seemed to actually help my skin's moisture problem.  It was the answer I had been looking for, and I stockpiled bottles when I could find them on sale.

I finally depleted my supply and went in search of more only to find it's impossible to find the product in any of my local stores.  I'm once again forced to buy online.  Amazon only has listings for Gillette SatinCare Dry Skin In Shower Moisturizer 6 packs now where Gillette used to sell individual bottles there. Soap.com still has individual bottles for sale, but at $4.49 each it's cheaper to buy the 6 pack from Amazon.  I just ordered my 6 pack, but it's becoming so hard to find the product I have to wonder if Gillette is phasing it I out completely.  Gillette please don't!  I really don't want to go back to super dry skin!

No comments: