Family Drama

I’ve had so much going on this week, and it’s really stressing me out.  I know we all deal with crazy family members from time to time, but this week has been one thing after another for me.  I don’t feel comfortable sharing the details, but sometimes I really wish I could take a very extended break from my family.  Unfortunately it’s not really an option for us because we’re surrounded by them.  We don’t have the option to move right now to get away from all the bs that’s going on, so we have to deal with it.  That’s hard to do in a situation like what’s been going on lately. 

Sometimes I even wonder how I even came from the same genes as some of these people.  They’re petty, and most of them aren’t happy unless they’ve got some kind of drama going on.  I get stuck in the middle not because I want to but because they drag me into it, and I’m sick of it.  No matter how much I try to avoid it I know things like this will continue to happen until we can finally afford to buy some land and build a house of our own.  The catch 22 is we can’t save up to do that if we don’t live here in a home owned by family that’s rent free.  Sometimes I think throwing our home ownership dreams out the window and finding a place to rent would be totally worth it if it would get us away from this mess, though!

*Sigh* One day we’ll get away from it all.  One day I won’t have to deal with people knocking on my door in the middle of the night and waking the little one to moan and complain about something one of the others did to them.  One day I won’t feel constantly belittled around my family because I won’t be around them anymore.  One day I won’t have to listen to someone tell me I’m a horrible mother because my daughter is in serious need of a nap, pitching a hissy fit, and that person won’t leave so I can get her to sleep!  UGH!

No comments: