Everglide S-500 Professional Headphones Review

Last week I received a pair of Everglide S-500 Professional Headphones for $14.99. I picked them up during the Woot Off a few weeks ago because they were going for the same price I've seen at Buy.com. I've seen them listed from $24.99-79.99 elsewhere.

everglide

Boy am I disappointed with these headphones. Let's start with the specs.

From Woot.com:

Warranty: 1 Year Everglide

Features:

  • Ultra-Light Membrane for instantaneous audio response
  • Designed For Comfort And Extended Wear
  • Optimum noise isolation
  • Over-sized circumaural leather muffs to reduce ambient noise
  • Protective carrying bag included
  • Great for gaming or music

Technical Specifications:

  • Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20,000Hz
  • Transducer: Dynamic
  • Nominal Impedence: 16 ohm
  • Max Sound Pressure (SPL): 102dB
  • Max Power Rating: 100mW
  • 3.5mm stereo plug for headphones
  • Headphone cable length: 3.1m
  • Weight: 360g
In the Box:
  • Everglide S-500 Headphones
  • Microphone
  • Storage Bag


    I do like the storage bag and the microphone. The clip on mic works perfectly, produces an excellent sound, and I haven't had any problems with it.

    The headphones on the other hand aren't what I was hoping for. Thank goodness I only payed $14.99 for these, or I would be extremely unhappy. The sound quality is much less than I expected. In fact the cheap $5 off brand headphones I purchased from Walmart produce a much better quality. There's also a great deal of noise and crackling coming through these headphones that shouldn't be there. They definitely produce a poor sound quality, especially when it comes to music.

    Another issue is the construction and materials. At first I thought these headphones looked like they were constructed pretty well and with good materials that would hold up to usage. Boy was I wrong. I used the headphone for about 2 hours to watch a movie. Hubby then used them today for about an hour to listen to music.

    After 3 hours of use the cheap leather on the headband is already cracking.

    crack2 crack1


    I'm seriously disappointed with that, and I'm considering returning these to Woot just because of the leather. If it cracks after 3 hours of use, what are these headphones going to look like after a week of use?

    If you're considering the Everglide S-500 Professional Headphones let me suggest that you spend a little more and choose something better. You won't be impressed with these at all. I should have saved my cash on these and used it to go ahead and pay more off my auto insurance this month.

    2 comments:

    Marky said...

    Thanks for taking time to review these, your review is clear and helpful. Woot has these headphones up again. You saved me $15!

    Celestia said...

    You're very welcome! I do need to take an updated photo to show what these look like now. I didn't return them and instead decided to keep them as backups, but now the leather is completely gone from the head band. It actually looks horrible.