Step Up 2 The Streets Movie Thoughts

Hubby and I finally went to see a movie tonight. It's been a long time since we went out to the movies, so we thought we deserved to treat ourselves. Hubby has wanted to see Step Up 2 The Streets, and I have to admit I have, too, but mostly because Channing Tatum appears in it for a few minutes.

The few minutes part is what I didn't like. I'm a huge Channing Tatum fan, and I admit that's one of the few reasons why I chose to watch Step Up when it came out. I wanted to drool over his hotness. I only had about 5 minutes of drool time over Channing Tatum as Tyler Gage in Step Up 2, but I have to admit Robert Holfman as Chase Colins wasn't bad to look at either.

Moving on from the drooling, what was the movie actually about?

Andie (Briana Evigan) is a rebellious teenage street dancer who herself stuck with the choice of either staying home around her old friends and life while attending the Maryland School of the Arts or being shipped off to Texas leaving her life as she knows it behind to live with her aunt. Fitting in isn't easy, but she hooks up with Chase Colins (Robert Holfman), the hot and popular dancer from the school to form their own crew to battle at Baltimore's underground "The Streets" battle. Andie must battle obstacles of her own while realizing her dreams and making them happen.

Honest what did I think of the movie? I wasn't all that impressed. Step Up isn't a great movie IMO, but it had a lot of potential that I thought would be brought out in the sequel, Step Up 2 The Streets. Unfortunately this movie fell short of my expectations, and I felt like it was just another teenage love story. There was actually a reference in the movie to the tv show "The Hills", and I even felt like this was kind of a movie version of such shows.

The dancing was good, and I especially liked the portion where Tyler Gage (Channing Tatum) dances on a mini trampoline, but there was still a lot to be desired that the movie just didn't offer.

What do I think? Save your cash, and wait for the movie to come out on video or On Demand.

No comments: