Taking A Look At My Life

With the new year in full swing I decided it's time to take a step back and look at everything going on in my life. Call it a self assessment if you may, but I'm just not happy with a lot of things that have been happening in and around my life. I've decided it's time to take a step back away from everything.

Blogging is my one escape from all of that. When something is driving me crazy or upsetting me I can step into my office and forget about it for a few minutes while I put my mind on something else.

I think the biggest change I'm going to make in my life this year is going to involve friendships. I hate to say it, but I feel like I've grown into another person, and I'm looking back at most of my friends through a looking glass. Over the past few years I've grown into a full blown woman with responsibilities while most of them are just not reaching the stage I was at 5 years ago. We don't connect anymore. I worry about paying bills, feeding myself and hubby, and running our household while they are worrying about which party to go to Saturday night.

I admit I never wanted to grow up either, but I came to that point in my life where I realized it's inevitable. I'm 26 years old. I'm ready to start a family. Hubby and I are finally stable enough to do that. I don't want to have to worry about what friend got drunk at a party and needs a ride home at 4am on a Saturday night. I want to be tucked away in bed getting rest so I can spend the next day with my family.

I feel like a total bitch right now, and I feel like that's how I've been acting towards my friends. Is it wrong though to want to move past these people who have no intention of growing up though?

1 comment:

ConnieFoggles said...

I remember those days well. I had my older dd when I was only 22 so it was hard when my friends thought it was ok to come over and get drunk and be loud. I was done with that but they weren't.

It gets better though. They either grow up or you find more mature friends.

My Chronic Life
http://mychroniclife.com