Monday Madness July 2nd

Today it's all about laundry, something I'm all too familiar with.

1. Do you do your own laundry or do you send it out?
I do my own laundry. I'll send something to the dry cleaners maybe once a year, but I try to buy things that don't need to be dry cleaned.

2. Do you laundry at your home or a laundromat?
At home. I remember the laundromat days when my washer died, but thankfully my grandma bought me a new washer for Christmas last year.

3. Are there certain articles of clothing that you need to have dry-cleaned on a regular basis?
Only one of hubby's Ecko sweaters, and a few articles of our riding gear. Everything else is either machine or hand wash.

4. How often do you do laundry? Is there a certain day of the week that you consider "laundry day?"
I do laundry everyday. You wouldn't believe the amount of laundry 2 people can go through in this house on a daily basis!

5. Do you iron your clothes as you pull them out of the dryer or do you wait until just before you wear the clothing to iron?
I hardly ever iron anything. Actually, I have 2 irons that I received as wedding presents. I've used one of them maybe twice. The other one is still in its box.

6. Do you hang your clothes outside to dry or do you dry them in a dryer?
I do both. If the weather's nice I hang them out to cut down on the power bill. If it's raining (like today) I'll use the dryer.

7. Do you own things that need to be hand-washed or do you try to avoid buying things that you can't wash in the washing machine?
I don't mind hand-washing. I normally only have to do that with some of my winter sweaters though. I try to buy machine-wash stuff.

If you want to play, head on over to the Monday Madness blog!

No comments: